Call Out for Co-Chair
November 8, 2019 @ 8:00 am - January 8, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
Blaze is looking for a Co-Chair under 30 to join our board of trustees
Blaze is at an exciting period of growth after its first year as a registered charity. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to work equally alongside our existing Chair, Derri Burdon, to become two Co-Chairs of the board of trustees.
We are particularly looking forward to appointing a young person between the ages of 18 and 30 years. They will join five other young people who are existing trustees of Blaze.
The board meets four times a year (often in the evening). The successful applicant will commit to as many of these meetings as possible, but of course there is flexibility around your other commitments.
The Co-Chairs will:
- Co-lead board meetings to enable Blaze to fulfil its purpose and potential
- Ensure an effective relationship between the board, staff, external stakeholders and the community
- Act as an advocate for Blaze
- Co-supervise and support the Director when needed
- Plan and prepare the board meetings and the AGM with the Director as appropriate
- Contribute towards fundraising applications alongside the Director
- Co-chair board meetings to ensure:
- Efficient time-keeping
- Discussions are facilitated
- Decisions are recorded and monitored accurately
The new Co-Chair will be supported in the role through training and mentoring from the existing Co-Chair and Blaze team.
In order to add to our existing board, we are looking for a new Co-Chair with energy, commitment and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Artistic Expertise
- Legal Expertise
- Content creation
- Digital Marketing
How to apply
Please answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a Co-Chair of Blaze?
- What experiences would you bring to the Board?
- What do you want to get out of the role?
You can submit your application in one of the following formats:
- Written cover letter – max 300 words
- Video/audio recording – max 2 mins
Please send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 27th November.
Interviews will take place in Preston or via video call on Wednesday 4th December.
This is a voluntary role with reasonable travel expenses expenses paid. For any access needs please contact email@example.com
Blaze exists to support and develop the next generation of creative producers. We imagine a world where all young people have opportunities to develop their creativity, leadership skills and involve themselves in the decision-making process at the highest and at all levels of the arts and cultural sector.
Blaze prepares, enables and networks the next generation of creative producers to harness the potential of our fully connected world. We support young people to produce their own events, campaigns, ideas and inspire activism. Blaze has its roots as the first youth led arts festival in the UK and honours this innovative history by maintaining a board of trustees mostly led by young people to ensure our core principles are reflected across all levels of the organisation.