Ignite is an exciting scheme to invest in the next steps in the creative development of young people in Lancashire and Blackpool – our potential future creative leaders!
Ignite – The Alternative Saturday Job, aims to enable a young person to gain valuable paid experience working within the arts sector in a role tailored to their needs, interests and aspirations.
In the current climate of high youth unemployment this programme aims to help young people gain a small income and also gain valuable on-the-job training with support from experienced cultural organisations.
For the organisation:
- The chance to invest in a young person in the early stages of their creative journey
- The opportunity to have a creative young person with the right skills to add value to your organisation/company
For the young people:
- Earned income through following your creative passions
- Valuable experience and mentoring working more closely with experienced creatives
- Training in elements of the creative sector and a great addition to your CV